Monday, August 18, 2014

I am back.....


IT has been ages since I wrote on my blog. This is due largely to me going through a busy and then pretty dark stage. However, we cannot walk around in the dark forever and as such, I have lit the candle and am finding my way out and looking towards the light glowing in the, hopefully, not to distant future.


One of the things that I have learnt (and nobody can convince me otherwise) is that you are not as in control of your own life as many might make out. Yes, you take responsibility for your good and bad choices and you pretty much guide your little ship along the deep oceans that are our lives. But you often have no control over the weather you encounter.....however, you do control how you face it and deal with the storms at hand...and the tranquil weather as well. (and there is a good amount of sun and stars too)

With that in mind, we could see the terrible times as a test of character perhaps. As cliched as it is, it really is not how many times you fall, but how you stand up and fight on after each. The secret, I think, is to not give up. Perseverance is sometimes easier aid than done, but it's own reward to those who succeed. You may not be where you want to be, but you have blessings...and should be thankful for them. Life can and does set you back....but do not allow it to defeat you.

I enjoy writing and I always have lots to say, and I regret neglecting my blog for so long. Having said that, regret does not place words on the screen, but it can be a decent motivator to do so in present and future.

Anyway, the above is a long introduction to say....I'm back....and hope all the people who read my stuff return and a whole bunch of new people cast their eyes upon my writing........

No comments:

Post a Comment