Thursday, October 8, 2009

How a bank says thanks


I read an article that reflects many banks' attitudes towards their staff- and those of you who have worked in the bank will know what I am talking about.
On July 28th, 2009, a robber stormed into the Key Bank in Seattle, Washington, with the intention of robbing the bank.
An awake teller, Jim Nicholson (30) noticed that the idiotic robber had no weapon and thinking quickly, overpowered the misguided crook and held him until the police arrived. A true hero I would say.

But, the bank, being the bank, thanked Mr Nicholson for his heroic deed, and for possiobly saving them money, by firing him on the 30th July 2009. The reason- he did not follow bank laid down procedure!!

I say no more...

1 comment:

  1. My sentiments exactly. Moral of the story. No matter what good you do for your employer, they will screw you over when they can.

    ReplyDelete